Hello people, I am currently using an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.3, which is still unlocked with Gevey SIM. Right now I am thinking to update to iOS 5 and then unlock it with my Gevey SIM. However, I am seeing some reports that Gevey SIM is not working on the final version of iOS 5. So, is it possible to unlock iPhone on iOS 5 with Gevey SIM? Thanks.
Asked by: Morgan from Syracuse, New York
- Download iTunes 10.5 from here.
- Download the new Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 for Mac OS X from here. Yes, the new version of Redsn0w has capability to create custom firmware.
- Download the stock iOS 5 for our iPhone 4 using this link.
- Launch the download Redsn0w and then click on the "Extras" from the main menu and then select "Custom IPSW".
- Once completed, under Extras option, just simply click on the "Pwned DFU" option to put your iPhone in Pwned DFU state.
- Once in Pwned DFU mode, launch iTunes 10.5 and then restore your iPhone.
Once completely restored on custom iOS 5, just simply follow this guide on how to unlock your iPhone 4 on iOS 5 using Gevey SIM