I removed micro SIM card from my iPhone last week to test it on some other smartphones I own and then put it back in my iPhone 4 after a minute but this time I was prompted with a message saying "SIM Failure" followed by "No SIM card inserted". I have already tried to remove and reinsert SIM card number of times but no luck. Sometimes, it works for at-least 5 to 6 hours then I get same error again. Anyone else experiencing the same error? Please advise what could be a possible solution. Thanks.
Asked by: Ivor from Boston, Massachusetts
- Clean your SIM card; pull out your SIM card (make sure that the device is OFF) then get a pencil eraser or a rubber and then gently rub the copper / gold SIM contacts with the rubber. Then wipe it clean with a dry clean cloth.
- If you are rocking a jailbroken iPhone, then uninstall all apps or tweaks that you have installed prior this error.
- Make sure that you re-seat the SIM card properly.
- Try to use a different AT&T SIM card or other micro SIM card and check if the phone read it or not?
- Use a different Gevey SIM (if your iPhone is unlocked already).
- Lastly, restore your iPhone to the latest iOS 5 firmware (make sure you have SHSH blobs saved if you are a jailbreaker) and then take the phone to AT&T or Apple Store for warranty repair.