So I have an iPhone 3GS which was given to me as an early gift. I am not sure what version of iOS it is running. Anyway, I tried to restore it using iTunes to get iOS 5 or iOS 5.0.1 but I keep getting iTunes error 9. Any ideas what is wrong? Thanks.
Asked by: Toey from Syracuse, New York
Step 1: Press the Settings from your iPhone homescreen to launch Settings Menu.
Step 2: Press General from Settings Menu
Step 3: Now navigate to About from General Menu
Step 4: Under About screen you can check iPhone firmware version under Version label
Step 5: Then scroll further down to check the baseband version of your iPhone under the Modem Firmware label.
Anyway, regarding iTunes error 9, you can check some of the tips posted below on how to bypass it.
- Update your iTunes to version 10.5.1. Check this blog post to know more about iTunes 10.5.1 which is available for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Check your computer for USB driver software update.
- Use the original USB connector that comes along with your iOS device.
- Use the USB port that was located at the back of the chassis.
- Do not use any USB hubs or extensions.
- Reboot your Mac or PC and try to restore.