Hi, I have encountered this unusual iTunes error for the first time. I am trying to sync my iPhone with iTunes, but the application is preventing me by throwing iTunes error -50. I also tried to use my sister’s iPhone 3GS but I still got the same error. I have already installed the latest iTunes but no results. Can you guys please help me? I am using jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.5 and I have Windows 7 installed on my PC. Do you think it has something to do with the Redsn0w software used to jailbreak my iPhone? Thanks.
Asked by: Melvin from Waterbury, Connecticut
Delete Storm Vedio, QuickTime, iTunes and then reinstall iTunes.
- Navigate to Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program then wait till all the programs gets loaded. Then search for Storm Vedio, QuickTime, and iTunes and uninstall it.
- Check this blog post to download and know more about iTunes version 10.4.1. Once installed, try to sync your jailbroken iOS device.
- When syncing to iTunes, it is recommended to connect your iPhone (including the iPad and iPod Touch) at the SUB port located at the back of the desktop as theses ports are more robust compared to the ports at the front.
- Update the driver of your USB ports. You can do this by typing Device Manager at the Start button and then launch the Device Manager. Once loaded, click on the Universal Serial Bus controllers and manually look for drivers update.
- Use a different USB connector.
That’s it! Hopefully the above tips will help you to fix iTunes Error -50.