Hello guys, I am getting iTunes error 3200 while updating my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 using iTunes. I have already tried restoring couple of times but I still get the same error. I used a different computer and this time I ended up with iTunes error 3002. Any tips? Also, any update for iOS 5 jailbreak?
Asked by: Carlos from Hampton , Virginia
- Please ensure that you have iTunes 10.5 installed on your Mac or PC
- Connect your iPhone directly on your computer (use the USB port at the back of the desktop) and not by USB hub or adapter.
- Check your iPhone connector, also it is recommended to use the original USB connector that came with your iOS device and not from third-party manufacturer.
- Some iOS device users are suggesting that putting the iOS device in AirPlane mode seems to fix the problem.
- Uninstall any syncing-related third-party apps installed on your device.
- Restore your iPhone manually. To do that, just simply launch iTunes 10.5 and then hold down the Option (for Mac) or Shift (for Windows) and then click on “Restore”. Just point it to the downloaded iOS 5.
That’s it! If you have managed to restore your iPhone, just simply check this blog post for the step-by-step guide on how to use Redsn0w 0.9.9b4 to jailbreak iOS 5. Yes, this is a tethered jailbreak for now.