Greetings!! First off, I would like to explain my not-so-lucky situation with my jailbroken iPhone 3GS. I'm no jailbreak expert but I was able to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS on my own but due to my own rotten luck, my sister has connected the iPhone to iTunes and mistakenly clicked on the update button. Now I assume I'm currently in iOS 6.1.3 which I know (due to extensive research) has no untethered jailbreak available but there's a tethered one. But now my iPhone 3GS is stuck on the activation screen. So my question is this: is it still possible to activate my iPhone 3GS now that it's stuck in the iOS 6.1.3 activation screen? Can you please provide a detailed guide for this?
Asked by: Judith from Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hello Judith! It's very common to accidentally update to the latest firmware via iTunes. And unluckily for you, Apple has patched the untethered exploit in iOS 6.1.3. But still, there is still hope for your situation. You can sill activate iPhone 3gS in iOS 6.1.3. Just follow the instructions below.
How to Activate iPhone 3GS (Hacktivate) Stuck in iOS 6.1.3 Activation Screen?
- First you will need to download the latest version of Redsn0w for either Windows or Mac (download links are here). You will also need to download the iOS 6.0 IPSW file (download links are located here), NOT iOS 6.1.3.
- Connect the iPhone 3GS to the computer via USB.
- Hold the Power button on the device, slide to power off.
- Launch Redsn0w. Make sure to run redsn0w.exe as Administrator if you are on Windows.
- Click Extras, then 'Select IPSW'
- Browse for the iOS 6.0 IPSW you have downloaded in step 1.
- Click 'Yes' when a popup box appears, unless you do have an old-bootrom 3GS.
- Click Back and return to the main Redsn0w screen. Click the 'Jailbreak' button.
- Make sure that you at least select the 'Install Cydia' option.
- Click Yes when you are asked to proceed.
- Follow the on-screen instruction on how to put your 3GS in DFU mode.
- When the process is complete, you can exit Redsn0w and do the iPhone and iTunes activation steps.
Hopefully, these steps will help you activate iPhone 3GS on iOS 6.1.3.