Hello Jaxov, any tips regarding Wi-Fi connectivity issues on jailbroken iPhone 3GS running iOS 5? I’m having some issues on my iPhone 3GS while browsing the Internet. My Wi-Fi signals automatically drop when I browse some apps such as Facebook, YouTube, Skype, Cydia, etc… Thanks for all the help!
Asked by: Martin from Corpus Christi, Texas
- Basic troubleshooting: Launch Settings app, then tap on Wi-Fi, turn Wi-Fi toggle OFF and then turn it ON after 10 seconds
- Reboot your modem and router: Just simply unplug them for at least 30 seconds and then connect the power back.
- Renew you IP address: Launch Settings, tap on the Wi-Fi network that you connect to, and then tap on the Renew Lease button
- Reset Network Settings: Launch Settings app, tap on General tab, tap on Reset, and then tap on Reset Network Settings
- Restore your iPhone to stock iOS 5
Aside from the tips posted above, you can also uninstall or update all apps and tweaks installed on your iOS device that has something to do with Wi-Fi connectivity to ensure that these tweaks are not interfering your Wifi connection. Hope this help. Good luck!