One of the most useful features that have been introduced to the iOS system is predictive text. It can be a real time-saver especially when typing long messages on your iPhone or iPad. However, if English is not your native tongue, predictive text can be more of an annoyance than a feature causing you to send often hilarious or embarrassing text messages. It’s a good thing that you can disable predictive text on iPhone and iPad fairly easily. You can choose to disable predictive text temporarily or permanently.
How to Disable Predictive Text on iPhone & iPad on iOS 9:
Temporary Method #1
- Open any messaging app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the blank space to start typing. Once the keyboard appears, you should see a gray bar appear which contains the suggested predictive texts.
- Place your finger on the gray bar and swipe down. This should temporarily disable predictive text. You can enable it again by swiping up the gray bar.
Temporary Method #2
- Open up your messaging app.
- Once the keyboard is up, tap and hold the world / globe icon which is located next to the mic icon on the keyboard.
- Several options will appear, what you want is the Predictive toggle. Toggle the switch to off to temporarily disable predictive text.
- Open Settings.app, then tap General.
- Scroll a little bit down and tap on Keyboard.
- Find the Predictive option and switch it off to permanently disable predictive text on iPhone and iPad.
While it’s indeed a useful feature, Predictive Text can be a major cause of annoyance and at times, you are better off disabling it.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback