Good news for Mac users who have been waiting to jailbreak their iOS 9 device because team Pangu just released Pangu jailbreak for Mac. Here’s a step by step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 9 on Mac using the Pangu jailbreak tool.
Before you proceed:
- The Pangu jailbreak tool can jailbreak iOS 9.0, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.0.2.
- This jailbreak doesn’t work with the latest iOS 9.1 update but as of this writing, you can still downgrade to iOS 9.0.2 since the firmware is still being signed by Apple.
- Pangu jailbreak for Mac works on all iOS 9 compatible devices.
- Pangu jailbreak for Mac is untethered.
- It’s highly recommended that you backup your device via iTunes or iCloud before performing the jailbreak.
- Still unsure if you want to jailbreak iOS 9? Here are 10 iOS 9 jailbreak tweaks that you should check out.
How to Jailbreak iOS 9 on Mac Using the Pangu Jailbreak Tool:
- Download the latest version of Pangu for Mac.
- Double-click and mount the dmg file you’ve downloaded. Then, drag the application icon to your Applications folder.
- Disable the Passcode on your iDevice by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > and tap Turn Passcode Off.
- Disable Find my iPhone by navigating to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone > then toggle the Find My iPhone switch to OFF.
- Enable Airplane Mode through your Settings app.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac computer via USB. Open iTunes and perform a manual backup if you haven’t already.
- Double-click the Pangu icon to open the app. You should see the Pangu app attempting to detect your device. Once it’s fully detected, click the large Start button.
- On the following page, you will be prompted if you’ve backed up your iDevice along with other steps that we’ve already performed if you followed this guide. Click the Already Backup button to proceed. Pangu will now jailbreak your device.
- At around 65%, your device will reboot and the app will ask you to re-enable Airplane Mode.
- Once the progress bar reaches 75%, you will be asked to unlock the device and run the Pangu app.
- Pangu will ask permission to access your photo library. Just click Accept, then on the next message box, click OK.
- Once the progress bar reaches 100%, your iDevice will reboot and after that, you should see Cydia on your Springboard.
If you’ve got any questions on how to jailbreak iOS 9 on Mac, feel free to comment!Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback