WhatsApp is one of the longest-running instant messaging apps for the iPhone and is certainly the most popular one. With its latest update, WhatsApp has introduced many useful features. One such feature is the ability to mute a specific contact or chat group. This definitely comes in handy if you are annoyed or simply don’t want to deal with someone from your WhatsApp contacts at the moment.
The ability to mute certain contacts or chats is one of the most requested features for the app. Now, you can finally mute those annoying contacts who love to send you forwarded messages 50 times a day. Here’s a quick guide on how.
How to Mute Specific WhatsApp Contacts or Chats on iPhone:
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Find the contact or chat that you wish to mute.
- Swipe that particular contact or chat from right to left. You should two option appear namely: More and Archive.
- Tap More.
- A popup menu will appear that contains the following options: Mute, Contact Info, Email Chat, Clear Chat, Delete Chat and Cancel. Obviously, you want to tap on Mute.
- Again, a menu will appear where you can set just how long you wish to mute that particular contact or chat. Choose from 8 hours, 1 week and 1 year.
Upon muting the contact or chat group, you will see a crossed-out speaker next to the conversation. This of course indicates that this particular conversation has been muted. If you wish to unmute the contact or chat, follow the same steps and tap Unmute when given the option. Once a conversation has been muted, you will get no notification or vibration when a message is sent. However, you can still read the messages later if you wish.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback