iTunes has always been the de-facto standard when it comes playing multimedia files this side of Apple. But like all popular software, iTunes has its fair share of bugs and errors. One of the most common errors that you will run into is the dreaded “This copy of iTunes is corrupted or is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. (-42037)”. Today, we will be providing a guide on how to fix iTunes error 42037.
iTunes error 42037 generally occurs when you have updated to a new version of iTunes. Something obviously went wrong during the upgrade. The fix for this problem is quite simple and will require us to dig around the Windows Control Panel.
How to Fix “This copy of iTunes is corrupted or is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. (-42037)”:
- Launch Control Panel in your computer.
- Click Programs.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs and Features.
- You should see a list of your installed programs. Find iTunes and right-click on the iTunes program. Click Repair.
- A User Account Control popup will appear, click Yes.
- Windows will now attempt to fix iTunes and hopefully this fixes iTunes error 42037.
Once the process is over, restart your computer for good measure. Launch iTunes and see if this fixes the “This copy of iTunes is corrupted or is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes” error. This is a fix worth trying especially if the alternative is to uninstall and reinstall iTunes altogether.
If you have any questions about this error, feel free to comment! [via iGeeksBlog]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback