With the release of the newest versions of TaiG jailbreak, users have finally jailbroken iOS 8.3 and eventually, iOS 8.4. However, the tool was only made available for Windows which means that Mac users are left out of the fun. Mac users need to run a virtual machine so it could run TaiG. But today seems to be a good day for Mac users because the PP jailbreak team just released a tool to jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac. Tutorials are provided below.
Before you proceed:
- PP Jailbreak can be used to jailbreak iOS 8.1.3, iOS 8.2, iOS 8.3 and iOS 8.4.
- This tutorial is for Mac users only. Windows should just use TaiG to jailbreak iOS 8.4.
- Make sure that you backup your device via iTunes and iCloud just in case something goes wrong.
- Make sure you have updated to iOS 8.4 via iTunes instead of OTA. If not, make a backup of your device and do a clean restore of iOS 8.4 (download IPSW files here).
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac OS X Using PP Jailbreak:
- Download the latest version of PP Jailbreak here, then double-click the dmg file to mount it.
- Drag & drop the PP app icon onto your Applications folder shortcut.
- Disable Passcode by navigating to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > make sure it reads Turn Passcode Off.
- Disable Find My iPhone by navigating to Settings > iCloud > switch the Find My iPhone toggle to disable.
- Connect your iDevice to the computer via USB cable. Make sure both iTunes and XCode are closed since PP Jailbreak won’t run otherwise.
- Right-click or hold down control and click the PP Jailbreak icon from your Mac’s Applications folder then select Open.
- PP Jailbreak will detect your device. Ensure that you uncheck the checkbox that says “Install PP Helper” found at the bottom-left of the interface. Click the large Jailbreak button to continue.
- You’ll see the “Readme first” which details important instructions before proceeding. If you’ve followed the guide, you got all these covered. Click Continue.
- The PP Jailbreak app will now jailbreak your device.
- Once the process is completed, you should see the “Jailbreak succeeded” message. Congratulations, you are now jailbroken!
Many users are stuck with “Preparing the environment 2/8” which happens if you didn’t do a clean install of iOS 8.4. So make sure that you perform a clean restore of iOS 8.4 via iTunes before jailbreaking on your Mac. Let us know if you have questions.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback