After a fairly long wait for many jailbreak users, the TaiG team has finally released a new version of their popular jailbreak tool for Windows. Taig 2.0 can now jailbreak iOS 8.3, including earlier versions 8.2 and 8.1.3. Without further ado, here’s how to jailbreak iOS 8.3 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- TaiG jailbreak is only available for Windows as of now. For Mac users, they will need to use a virtual machine to run Windows and use TaiG jailbreak.
- This is an untethered jailbreak.
- Before jailbreaking, make sure that you backup your device via iTunes and iCloud just in case something goes wrong.
- For good measure, disable your anti-virus software and firewall since it could prevent the jailbreak from connecting to the internet.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.3 Untethered on iPhone, iPad & iPod touch Using TaiG
- Download TaiG 2.0 from this link. Extract the zip file (containing TaiGJBreak_EN.exe) anywhere in your computer.
- Launch Settings on your device then go to Touch ID & Passcode > then tap Turn Passcode Off.
- Go back to the main section of Settings then tap iCloud > then disable Find My iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer via USB cable.
- Launch the TaiGJBreak executable file that you have downloaded in step 1. Run as Administrator to keep errors at a minimum.
- At the TaiG main page, you will see that your device has been detected. Make sure that option 1 is checked while option 2 is unchecked since the latter will install the TaiG app store. Start the jailbreak by clicking the big green Start button.
- The jailbreak will now proceed and it should take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the process is over, you will see a smiley face with the message “Jailbreak succeeded” displayed.
And just like that, you are now jailbroken. Major props to the TaiG team for another stellar work of bringing a working jailbreak to the community. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments!Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback