The addition of the group messaging feature has been a convenient (and fun) way to communicate with multiple contacts like your friends, co-workers and family members. In most group chats, the need to add new contacts to an existing group conversation is pretty much a normal occurrence. Fortunately, adding a new person to a group chat in iOS Messages app is as easy as it gets. In today’s iOS quick tip, we will teach you how to add new contacts to a group message on iPhone.
Of course, to add a new person to a group message, you need to be in the Messages app and have an existing conversation where you can add the new person. Just follow the easy steps below:
- Open the Group Chat that you wish to add a new person into and tap the “Details” button located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- You’ll see the names of the people that are participating in the group conversation, and under them, you should see the “+ Add Contact”. Tap it.
- Tap on the contact that you wish to add to the group conversation.
- Tap the “Done” button to finish adding or you can add more persons to the group chat.
Once a new contact has been added to the conversation, he or she will now be included in all future conversations unless he or she leaves the group chat or removed. And no, the newly added contact will not be able to see earlier messages prior to the adding.
More iOS Messages Article:
- How to Prevent Messages App From Auto-Deleting Messages on iOS 8
- How to Mark All Messages as Read on iPhone [Quick Tip]