It’s been nine months since Apple released its current flagship smartphone models, the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. With that said, it’s high time that we have some solid information on Apple’s next-generation iPhones. Long-time Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities issued a new research note which reveals some changes and upgrades planned for the upcoming so-called "iPhone 6s."
Force Touch is a new feature seen in the recent Apple Watch as well as the trackpad found on the newest MacBook and MacBook Pro models. According to Kuo, the Force Touch will also make its way into the new iPhone 6s. Kuo added that one of the biggest challenges for adding Force Touch lies on the supply chain since Apple expects to ship around 80-90 million units.
With the release of Galaxy S6, the smartphone camera crown has arguably been handed down to Samsung. Apple is set to take back the iPhone’s mobile photography reign with a new upgraded camera. Kuo claims that the iPhone 6s will come with a new improved 12-megapixel rear shooter, complete with better F-stop that will take on the cameras from other flagship models coming from companies like LG and Samsung.
New Build Materials
Remember all that iPhone 6 bendgate fiasco? It seems that Apple is going to address that issue with its upcoming ‘S’ models. The iPhone 6s is set to have new casing materials and internal designs in order to address the issue with frame-bending. Additionally, Kuo suggested that depending on the results of internal drop tests, the iPhone model might include scratch-resistant sapphire covers.
Other Expected Upgrades and Changes
- There will be no screen size update on the new iPhones as they will still remain at 4.7 and 5.5 inches, with roughly the same resolution as the current-gen models. As opposed to the previous iPhone 6c rumors, there will be no new 4-inch model.
- Apple will include a new color option to its upcoming iPhone lineup: Rose Gold. This color matches the one available for the Apple Watch.
- To upgrade the voice quality, an extra microphone will be added to the back of the device. This should greatly help not just with calls but with audio recordings as well.
- As expected, the iPhone 6s line will come with a new and improved processor, the so-called "A9" chip. Memory will also receive an upgrade, bumping it to 2 gigabytes of RAM which is the same found in the iPad Air 2.
- Improved TouchID sensor will also be on board and will include support for gesture controls and will improve the Apple Pay experience.
Kuo has a solid track record when it comes to Apple insider information so it’s hard to take this wealth of information with a grain of salt.
So what do you think of these leaked information about the iPhone 6s? [via AppleInsider]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback