A few days ago, Apple has released iOS 8.2 for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch which brought lots of bug fixes and stability improvements. However, the most notable aspect of the release is that it also installs the new Apple Watch app. If you have no plans of getting this wearable tech, then the app is nothing more than just a bloatware, a huge ad that just sits on your home screen. Not to mention, the design of the app itself leaves a lot to be desired. Fortunately, there’s a way for you to hide the Apple Watch app.
Things you need to know:
- This will not actually delete the app, you’ll only hide it so it will be out of your sight in the home screen.
- You will still see the app in Spotlight and the icon will reappear each time you restart your device.
Solution #1: Use the Dock
This first solution is the easier of the two, so we recommend that you try this one first.
- Ensure that the 1st page of the home screen is full of apps.
- The Apple Watch app should be on the 2nd page.
- Enter edit mode by holding down any icon.
- Drag the Apple Watch app to the 1st page and place it on top of any app, this will create a folder.
- Now while on the folder view (still in edit mode), drag the Apple Watch app out and drop it into the dock. Done!
Solution #2: Make it disappear using a folder
Now, this one is a little trickier and will require you to be fast. Might take you a few attempts before you succeed.
- Have a full home screen and place the Apple Watch app adjacent to a non-Apple (non-stock) app at the bottom right of the screen.
- Go into edit mode and drag the non-Apple app to the Apple Watch app in order to create a folder.
- Exit and re-enter the folder, then drag the non-Apple app outside and back to its original position.
- Return to the folder, drag the Apple Watch app outside then drop it again on the folder before it disappears. Done!
To give you a better idea on how to perform these tricks to hide the Apple Watch app, GadgetHacks has provided a neat video:
Both of these tricks will also work on stock Apple apps that are unremovable. Again, the apps that you have hidden will return once your device has been restarted. Otherwise, the Apple Watch app will stay out of your sight. [via WonderHowTo]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback