Due to the lack of expandable storage, iOS users are usually confronted with space problems. This is especially true for those who install tons of apps and take plenty of photos. Want to easily free up iPhone storage space? Dropbox has a photo management app called Carousel and it has been updated recently to help users free up storage space on their iPhone. We’ll teach you the steps after the jump.
As mentioned, Carousel has been updated recently and has added a new feature that will help you free up iPhone storage space easily.
Steps on how to free up storage on iPhone using Dropbox’s Carousel app:
- Download the free Carousel app from iTunes.
- If you haven’t already, create a Dropbox account and sign in on the Carousel app.
- For launching the app for the first time, you will see a tutorial and during the last step, you’ll see an option to back up photos and videos. Make sure to enable the toggle.
- The app will proceed to back up your photos and videos. Once it’s done, navigate to More > Settings > Free Up iPhone Space.
- From here, you will be shown just how much space you can recover by deleting photos and videos that were backed up earlier. Tap the Free Up Space button to delete the photos and videos.
- However, this does not actually delete the photos and videos as they have been moved to the Recently Deleted album. To permanently delete these contents, open the Recently Deleted album within the Photos app and delete them.
- Tap Select located in the top right section of the screen, then tap the Delete All at the bottom left.
And there you go! It’s worth noting that this feature will only work on iOS 8 and won’t delete burst or edited photos, as well videos shot with Slo-Mo. Basically, this tip enables you to easily backup your iPhone’s photos and videos so you can safely delete them without worrying about data loss.
What do you think of this method to free up storage on iPhone? [via iPhoneHacks]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback