Apple has released iOS 8.1.2 to fix a number of bugs and address a problem where the ringtones bought via iTunes have been removed from the device. This firmware release has prompted the TaiG team to update their jailbreak tool to accommodate this update. That’s right; iOS 8.1.2 can be jailbroken using the TaiG jailbreak tool.
Before you proceed:
- TaiG jailbreak supports all devices that can run iOS 8 on all firmware versions (even iOS 8.2 beta).
- This jailbreak tool is only available for Windows. For Mac users to use the tool, they will have to run Windows using a virtual machine.
- Be sure that you backup your device via iTunes and iCloud just in case something goes wrong.
- Firewalls and antivirus programs might prevent TaiG from connecting to the internet, so disable them if you are having problems.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 Untethered With TaiG Jailbreak:
- Download the latest version of TaiG (1.2.0) from this link. Upon completion, unzip the file on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the computer via USB cable.
- Turn off Passcode by navigating to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Additionally, disable the Find my iPhone by going to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Run the TaiG file as an Administrator. To do this, right click on the executable file and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- The tool will then proceed to detect your device. Uncheck the 3K assistant option and click the big green START button.
- The jailbreak process will be initiated so make sure that you don’t touch anything. After a while, your iDevice should reboot.
- Upon rebooting, you should see the shiny new Cydia icon on your Homescreen.
And that’s all there is to it to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 untethered on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Let us know in the comment section if you have any questions.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback