In a rather unexpected development, a Chinese team released a tool to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 beta. MuscleNerd chimed in that apparently, these Chinese hackers are on a race to put out the latest jailbreak because a lot of money is involved. Although the TaiG jailbreak tool is primarily available in Chinese, using it to jailbreak your device running iOS 8.1.1 or iOS 8.2 beta is fairly simple. Here’s a guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 beta using TaiG jailbreak.
Before you proceed:
- Taig is associated with running an app store that hosts pirated apps in China. So it is best that you use this tool at your own risk.
- Supported devices include: iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4S, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5G.
- TaiG jailbreak is only available for Windows at the moment.
- TaiG jailbreak also works for all iOS 8 versions before 8.1.1.
- Back up your device via iTunes or iCloud just to keep things safe in case anything goes wrong. Although it has been tested that the jailbreak works.
- You might need to disable your antivirus program or firewall and allow TaiG to connect to the web.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 & iOS 8.2 Beta Using TaiG Jailbreak:
- Download the zipped file (about 45mb) from TaiG’s official website and extract the contents on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the computer via USB.
- Turn off Passcode by navigating to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Also disable Find My iPhone by going to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Launch the TaiG jailbreak app as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the TaiG executable file and selecting “Run as Administrator” from the context menu.
- Once launched, TaiG will detect your device. After detection, make sure that you UNCHECK the option to install the TaiG App Store (the characters in Chinese) just below the Cydia 1.1.16.
- Click the huge green jailbreak button to initiate the jailbreaking process. You should see a progress bar similar to the screenshot below.
- Once the jailbreak is done, your iDevice will automatically reboot. And after the reboot, you should see Cydia sitting on your homescreen.
Again, the process to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 & iOS 8.2 beta using TaiG is very straightforward as it is essentially a one-button jailbreak. Just be sure that you deselect the option to install the TaiG app store to keep your devices secure.
Have you tried this jailbreak? Let us know in the comments if TaiG is working for you or not!Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback