We have previously shared a guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.1 using Pangu. However, the jailbreak tool Pangu for iOS 8 does not install Cydia by default. Of course, to get the most out of your jailbroken device, you need to have Cydia. While Cydia will surely be bundled with future versions of Pangu, you can choose to manually install Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch now. This guide will teach you how to manually install Cydia on iOS 8.1 for jailbroken iPhone and iPad.
UPDATE: Pangu has been updated to include a built-in Cydia install which makes manual installation unnecessary. Read more here.
Steps on How to Manually Install Cydia After iOS 8.1 Jailbreak With Pangu:
- Jailbreak your device first using our guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.1 using Pangu.
- Launch the Pangu app on your jailbroken device and install OpenSSH.
- Download and install the CyberDuck SFTP client.
- Determine the Wi-Fi IP address of your iDevice by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > and tap the “i” which is found next to the connected network.
- Launch Cyberduck to connect your device’s IP address.
- Now, you’ll need to download the essential Cydia files (found here) and copy them to your iDevice using Cyberduck.
- With Cyberduck opened, click Go > Send Command and enter the command found below and click Send:
dpkg –install cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb
- Click Go > Send Command again, then type “restart” (without quotes) and hit send to restart your device.
And that’s all there is to it, you should now see Cydia on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Don’t worry because Saurik has already updated Cydia so it will work with iOS 8. Just open Cydia and install your favorite jailbreak apps and tweaks. Again, Pangu will likely bundle with Cydia soon. This guide is for those who simply can’t wait and enjoy their jailbroken device to the fullest.
So were you able to manually install Cydia on your jailbroken device using this guide? Sound off in the comments!Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback