As you may know, it has been a good Christmas for jailbreak enthusiasts as the Evad3rs has finally released the much anticipated untethered iOS 7 jailbreak. However, the jailbreak is far from perfect and it has its fair share of issues. In an emergency update, Evad3rs has just rolled out evasi0n7 1.0.4 to issue important untether security fixes. It's still remains to be seen if there are issues that need to be sorted out, but if you want to have Cydia on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch now, you can use the guide below to jailbreak iOS 7.0 to iOS 7.0.4 using evasi0n7.
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPad Air
- iPad 4th gen
- iPad 3rd gen
- iPad mini w/Retina display
- iPad mini (original)
- iPod Touch 5th generation
Before You Proceed:
- OTA update is known to cause issues and may lead to a failed jailbreak. Evad3rs recommend that you restore to iOS 7.0.4 via iTunes first before jailbreaking.
- Backup your device before using evasi0n7.
- Disable lock passcode before jailbreaking since it can cause issues. You can re-enable it after the jailbreak.
How to Jailbreak iOS 7.0 - 7.0.4 Untethered on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Using Evasi0n7:
- Download the latest version of Evasi0n7 for Windows / Mac from the official Evasi0n download page.
- Extract the downloaded zipped file to your desktop for easy access.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the computer via USB.
- Double click evasi0n7.exe to launch the application. For Windows, right click evasi0n7.exe and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- From the main interface, you should see which device is connected and which firmware is used. NOTE: At this point, you should have disabled passcode lock (Setting > General > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode Off).
- Simply click Jailbreak to begin.
- The jailbreak process will now start and after a while, your iDevice will reboot.
- You will be instructed to unlock your device and tap the new 'evasi0n 7' app icon. IMPORTANT: Only tap the icon once. This will launch the app but will quickly close.
- Your device will once again reboot and you'll see the evasi0n progress bar move. Eventually the jailbreak process will be completed.
- Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will now reboot and this time, the Cydia icon should be sitting nicely on the Springboard.
Evasion7 Troubleshooting Tips:
If you are stuck during the jailbreak process, try this:
- Quit the evasi0n7 application.
- Reboot your device by holding down the Power and Home button until it shuts down. Press the power button to turn on the device.
- Launch evasion7 again and go through the process again.
If you updated to iOS 7.0.x via OTA and experiencing issues, you can perform these steps:
- Do a full backup of your device via iTunes.
- Update to iOS 7.0.4 by downloading the iOS 7.0.4 IPSW file and doing a fresh restore in iTunes.
- Restore to your most recent backup.
- Perform the steps to jailbreak iOS 7
Take note that the Cydia version that comes with evasi0n7 isn't up-to-date yet. Saurik is still on the process of making Cydia fully compatible with iOS 7. If you try to install tweaks that depend on Mobile Substrate, you could run into possible issues. So you might want to wait until most jailbreak developers were able to update their jailbreak apps and tweaks for iOS 7.
Should you have any questions on how to jailbreak iOS 7.0 - 7.0.4, feel free to comment below.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback