While the untethered iOS 7 jailbreak is out now, there is still a good deal of iOS users who haven't updated to the latest iOS version. For some, they choose not to update for reasons such as not liking the iOS 7 look or perhaps they can't do without their beloved Cydia tweaks. For others, updating to iOS 7 is not possible due to lack of device support. If you are still on iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.5, then you'll be glad to know that there's now a tool called p0sixspwn to untether jailbreak your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- iPod touch 4G
- iPod touch 5
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPad mini 1
Before You Proceed:
- This tool p0sixspwn is used to UNTETHER jailbreak all devices that can run iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 and 6.1.5.
- Be sure to backup all your important data using iTunes or iCloud before attempting to jailbreak.
- For later devices like the iPhone 5, Apple has stopped signing 6.1.x. Therefore, should anything go wrong during the jailbreak, you will not be able to restore to iOS 6.1.x. Downgrading from iOS 7 to 6.1.x is out of the question as well.
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 & 6.1.5 Untethered on All Devices Using p0sixspwn:
- Download the latest version of the p0sixspwn tool for either Mac or Windows from the official website.
- Extract the downloaded zipped file to your desktop.
- Disable the passcode lock on your device by navigating to Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Off. Don't worry, you can re-enable the passcode after you're done.
- Connect the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the computer via USB.
- Open p0sixspwn by double-clicking on its executable file. On Windows, you might need to run the .exe file as an Administrator (right click > Run as Administrator).
- The tool should be able to detect your device as well as its firmware version. If everything is good, the Jailbreak button becomes clickable.
- Hit the Jailbreak button and p0sixspwn will now work its magic. Be sure not to touch or disconnect your device at this point.
- Your device will reboot a few times and after a few moments, you should have a jailbroken device.
For A4 Device (iPhone 4 / iPod touch 4G) Users:
You may also jailbreak your device by using the Redsn0w + p0sixspwn combo. Tether jailbreak your device using Redsn0w (tutorial here) and install p0sixspwn via Cydia. Simply search for "p0sixspwn" in Cydia. If for some reason that you can't find the tool, add the http://repo.ih8sn0w.com repo and install the "p0sixspwn" untether package.
As per usual, let us know in the comment section below if you have any questions on how to untether jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 / 6.1.5.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback