As far as theming solutions for iPhone and iPad go, you can't go wrong with Winterboard. Developed by the father of Cydia himself, Jay Freeman aka Saurik, Winterboard lets you change various elements of the iOS such as the icons, dock, background and it can even add new useful widgets. Great news for Winterboard fans because Saurik has announced that Winterboard 0.9.3912 is out and it runs on iOS 7 and compatible with ARM64 devices. So here's a quick guide on how to install Winterboard on iOS 7.
How to Install Winterboard on iOS 7 for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch:
- First, you will need to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using evasi0n7. In case you haven't yet, here's a tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 7 using evasi0n7.
- After the jailbreak, ensure that you have properly installed Cydia. Launch Cydia to test and see if it works properly.
- Once Cydia is launched, simply tap the Search button found on the bottom-right section of the screen. Search for Winterboard.
- Make sure that the Winterboard version reads 0.9.3912.
- Tap Install on the top-right corner and then tap Confirm.
- To wrap up the installation, you will be required to Reboot Device.
For the uninitiated, these steps to install Winterboard on iOS 7 doesn't immediately give you access to a plethora of themes. While it does give you a few default themes, you will still need to download themes from Cydia. However, given that Winterboard on iOS 7 is fairly new, chances are high that Winterboard themes haven't been updated for iOS 7 compatibility yet. In addition, the ability to change the wallpaper via Winterboard is not yet supported.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback