If you have been paying attention to what Microsoft has been up to lately, you will know that the software giant just released Windows 8.1 to the public today. Along with the new desktop OS, the Redmond outfit also launched two companion Remote Desktop apps iOS, Android and OS X. This is part of Microsoft's plan to release a number of apps both for iOS and Android.
The new Microsoft Remote Desktop is now available via theiOS App Store, Mac App Store and Google Play Store. With this new remote desktop app, users will be able to control your Windows PC using your iDevice, Android device or Mac computer, provided that you have a stable internet connection. Here are features of Microsoft Remote Desktop that you should know:
- Rich multi-touch experience with remote desktop protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
- Secure connection to your data and applications with breakthrough Network Layer Authentication (NLA) technology
- Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
- High quality video and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage
- Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations
The new Microsoft Remote Desktop is mainly targeted for business users, giving them the ability to work remotely by connecting to their Windows PC. Home users may also utilize this app to control an in-house media server or link to their home PC while they are on the go. As you may expect, this app will work great if you are using a larger screen device such as an iPad.
The good thing is, you can get the Microsoft Remote Desktop for free.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback