Last time, we have provided a guide that will enable you to install a GBA emulator on the iPhone with no jailbreak required. However, Apple (understandably) had to step in and cut the party short, so GBA4iOS was quickly blocked. However, it has been found out that you can still install it by simply modifying the iOS system date. By using this same trick, you can install Nintendo DS emulator on iPhone without jailbreaking.
Before You Proceed:
- This Nintendo DS Emulator called "nds4ios" is fairly outdated on a non-jailbroken device. This is why you will still need to modify the system time in order to install. Instructions are provided below.
- If you have the GBA emulator "GBA4iOS", backup your saves because this NDS emulator will overwrite the GBA one.
- Some ROMS (games) tend to work better than the others. Don't expect things to go smoothly, although there is already a stable build available.
- If you are jailbroken, don't follow this guide as this is for non-jailbroken devices. We have posted a quick guide at the bottom of this post for installing nds4ios on jailbroken devices.
How to Change iOS System Date:
Navigate to Settings > General, then disable “Set Automatically”. Then change the actual date to just about any date before July 16th, 2013.
How to Install Nintendo DS Emulator on iPhone Without Jailbreaking:
- Launch Safari and enter the following URL without the quotes: “angelxwind.net”
- Scroll down below and you should see the link for nds4ios in blue font, indicating that it's a clickable link. Click the link and you will be taken to a new page.
- Scroll down the page and you should a big blue Download button. Tap the button.
- This will take you to a new page, scroll down until you can see the “Install nds4ios (Stable) via OTA” button. Tap it.
- You will be prompted to install "nds4ios", so go ahead and click Install (Remember that you need to modify the system time to get the permission to install).
And that's pretty much it! Again, this will overwrite your GBA4iOS if you have it installed. You can download ROMS from within the nds4ios app which will take you to the CoolROM website. Just download the ROM from the CoolROM website and once it's completed, open the ROM via the nds4ios app. NOTE: Downloading ROMS is illegal, you must own the physical cartridge to make this legal.
For Jailbroken Devices:
Jailbreak users can simply install Nintendo DS emulator on iPhone by simply adding the aXw-Repo and installing the nds4ios app:
Let us know if this guide on how to install Nintendo DS emulator on iPhone without jailbreaking works for you or not. Feel free to comment your experience of the emulator and which games are working great for you as well.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback