Celeste is considered to be one of the best jailbreak apps of all time. This is why there has been a lot of excitement surrounding the release of Celeste 2 for iOS 6.x, which was announced by CocoaNuts earlier this month. For the uninitiated, Celeste app is a Bluetooth file transfer tweak which enables iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to send and receive files to and from other Bluetooth enabled devices. We're happy to inform you that Celeste 2 is now available in Cydia.
Right off the box, Celeste is integrated with a wide variety of apps and contents - including iPod/Music, Photos, iBooks, Contacts, Notes and Dropbox. The neat thing about Celeste 2 is that it now uses Apple's native iOS Bluetooth which means that zero configuration is needed in order to make things work. So there is this speculation that Celeste 2 will work on iOS 7 out of the box, although CocoaNuts still need to see the iOS jailbroken in order to confirm this. Using Apple's native Bluetooth, this means that tethering and listening to music will not be interrupted each time you transfer files via Bluetooth.
As expected with Celeste 2, you will be able to easily send and receive files from Bluetooth devices. The tweak integrates with CocoaNuts' famous Gremlin software, so received files can easily be imported to the iDevice's media library with little to no effort. Another noteworthy feature of Celeste 2 is the integration with Notification Center. This means that you can now track your file transfers in the Notification Center through the tweak's widget.
Here are some quick instructions on how to use Celeste 2:
- Photos: View a photo, tap the share icon button, and select "Send with Celeste."
- Notes: View a note, tap the share icon button, and select "Send with Celeste."
- iPod/Music: View any list of songs, tap and hold a song, and select "Send."
- iBooks: When viewing PDFs in "shelf" mode: pull down to see options, tap "list" mode, tap and hold an item, and select "Send."
- Ringtones: In Setttings->Sounds->Ringtone: hold an item and select "Send."
- Contacts: View a contact, tap "Share Contact," and select "Celeste Bluetooth."
- Voice Memos: Select a memo, tap the blue "Share" button, and select "Celeste Bluetooth."
- Safari: Tap share icon to send a text file with the current URL.
- Dropbox: Go to 'Favorites', swipe file to right, tap the "Share" button, and select "Celeste Bluetooth".
- DisplayRecorder: Just select a recording and then tap on "Send via Bluetooth.
If you are interested, you can now grab Celeste 2 from Cydia for the limited introductory price offer of $6.99, which only lasts until September 15th. Good news for existing Celeste users since you can grab Celeste 2 for FREE.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback