We have been getting a lot of comments and emails regarding the iTunes error -1. This is generally coming from folks that are restoring their iOS device to iOS 6.1.3. Error -1 according to Apple means, "attempt to restore your iOS device two more times. If the issue is still unresolved, the device may need service." This means that there might be a serious hardware/baseband issue with your iPhone. However, there is something that you can try to fix iTunes error -1 while restoring to iOS 6.1.3.
Steps on How to Fix iTunes Error -1 While Restoring to iOS 6.1.3:
- The tool we need for this process is Redsn0w, specifically, version 0.9.15b3. Direct links for Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 are found here.
- You will also need to download the iOS 6.0 IPSW file. It MUST be iOS 6.0, not 6.1 or higher. Download links for iOS 6.0 IPSW final are here.
- Open Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and click the Extras button. Of course, at this point make sure that your iPhone is connected.
- From the Extras Menu, click the Select IPSW. Now you will need to browse for the iOS 6.0 IPSW file you have downloaded in Step 2. If you use a firmware higher than iOS 6.0, you will get a "firmware is not supported" error.
- After Redsn0w verifies the firmware, click the Recovery fix button. You will then be prompted to put your device into DFU mode. Follow Redsn0w's onscreen instructions.
- Now, wait for your device to reboot and after a while, it will be followed by the Apple logo. The process will take quite a while so just sit back and relax.
By the time the process is over, hopefully your iPhone has successfully risen from the dead. The process on how to fix iTunes error -1 while restoring to iOS 6.1.3 is fairly simple. However, if the problem persists, there's a good chance there might be hardware/baseband problems as per Apple.
If you have questions regarding how to fix iTunes error -1 while restoring to iOS 6.1.3, let us know in the comments section or drop by on our Facebook page.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback