There is no shortage of tips and tricks that you can do with your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. While many of these tricks are not practical or even downright useless, it's always cool to know about these tricks. Today, we will teach you a trick that many of you will find to be useless. However, it does have its neat uses. Today, we will teach you How to Duplicate iOS Apps on a Jailbroken iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
A forum user from iFans has posted a how-to guide on how to duplicate iOS apps on jailbroken devices. However, there are a few requirements before you can perform this trick. First, you will need to have a jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Secondly, you should have AppSync installed on your jailbroken device. If you have fulfilled those requirements, you can now proceed to duplicate your iOS apps.
Steps on How to Duplicate iOS Apps on a Jailbroken iPhone, iPad & iPod touch:
- First, you have to rename the apps IPA file from [application].ipa to [application].zip. Using programs like Winrar or 7-zip, open the new zipped file.
- Next, from the winzip folder, go to the payload folder.
- Scroll down until you are able to find the info.plist file, then using a Windows plist editor, open the plist file. Alternatively, you may also use iFile on your iDevice to extract the zipped file and compressing it again.
- While the info.plist is opened, scroll downwards and you should see the following line of code:
- You simply need to edit the second line of the code so it will look somewhat similar to the code below. it doesn't need to be changed in the same way but importantly, the second line must not remain the same.
- Now save the file and close it. Rename the .zip file back to .ipa.
- Now install the application again using iTunes, or any other programs that allow you to install IPA apps like iFunbox (check out these Installous alternatives).
So why would you want to duplicate iOS apps? Well for one, you can do this so you can use an app without sharing it with anyone. Or you can run two apps for two separate accounts which is useful for applications like Skype.
What do you think of this trick? Does this guide work for you? Let us know in the comments.