While there's no shortage of tweaks and apps found in Cydia these days, very few end up as a must-have. These are jailbreak tweaks and apps that many end up installing whenever they have the chance and justify the very act of jailbreaking. Today, we have a jailbreak app for you that perfectly fits the bill. We present to you, BatteryDoctorPro, an essential battery management app for jailbroken iPhones. However, it's more than just a battery management app.
From time to time, we come across a jailbreak tweak that just blows others of its kind out of the water. BatteryDoctorPro belongs to such criteria for being a highly functional and elegantly designed tweak. As mentioned, it's a battery management app which you can use to monitor and optimize the battery life of your iOS device. Apart from that, it also gives quick access to system toggles just like SBSettings or NCSettings. Here's a breakdown of the features of BatteryDoctorPro:
- BatteryDoctorPro is a standalone app. Upon installation, you can launch the app through its Springboard icon.
- True to its name, this app provides you with essential battery information like life percentage and time remaining, battery health, charging status and charging cycle records.
- BatteryDoctorPro comes with three default predefined profiles: Outdoor, Indoor and Alarm. Each profile corresponds to a lot of changes in your settings to help optimize and save battery life. For example, the Indoor preset will disable location services, mobile data and Bluetooth to conserve battery.
- You may also choose to modify the presets according to your preference. You can play around with the following settings: Wi-Fi, mobile data, LTE, Brightness, Airplane mode, Location services and Bluetooth.
- When you are connected to a power source, the BatteryDoctorPro will be launched automatically. You will then see useful information such as how much time you need to achieve a full charge and which stage of the charging cycle you're currently at.
- You can also access the charging history by simply tapping the menu icon at the top left corner and tapping Records.
- From the same menu, you can also check the System information for battery health, temperature, number of cycles, used RAM, used CPU, and storage space.
- BatteryDoctorPro also comes with a great Cleanup feature which deletes junk files like temporary files, cache files, log files, OTA software updates, cookies and history, and many others. After the cleanup, you'll get a summary of how many junk files were deleted and freed storage space.
- When you are in the SpringBoard or lock screen, you can invoke the widget by tapping the battery icon. The same widget can be found on the Notification Center although you can disable it through the Notification Center section of the Settings menu.
- The widget display information like the current preset, battery life, and amount of RAM used. From here, you can easily change the profile used by tapping the preset/battery life section of the widget.
- You can also kill currently running apps to free up some memory by tapping the RAM section of the widget.
- As mentioned earlier, the widget also provides quick access to frequently accessed toggles and shortcuts. It also offers toggles for other features that are normally offered by other jailbreak tweaks. Examples include BadgeClear (clear notification badges from apps), Auto-lock settings, and virtual Home button (in case you have a broken Home button), and TaskClear (terminates all running apps in the background). You can customize which toggles will be shown.
- The widget also gives access to the app switcher/multitasking bar. It even supports app switcher tweaks such as Auxo.
If you can't be bothered with changing the presets from time to time, you can use BatteryDoctorPro's Smart Saving feature. This feature will be triggered once your iDevice goes into standby mode, sleep mode, and low-power mode.
- When in Standby mode, you can enable Auto-kill background apps or you can disable LTE in order to save on battery usage. Disabling LTE can be delayed with a variety of time frames.
- When in Sleep mode, the sleep preset will be enabled based on the sleep time the user have set.
- In Low Power mode, all Data network settings are disabled when the battery level reaches a certain percentage (30% by default).
To see BatteryDoctorPro in action, check out the YouTube video review below by TechShowsYou:
Let me outright say this, BatteryDoctorPro is easily one of the best jailbreak tweaks in recent memory. I'd even go as far as saying that this will likely end up as one of the best Cydia tweaks of all time. The wealth of features offered is simply staggering, it's almost overwhelming. The battery management features alone is already worth the price tag. Oh wait, what price tag?! I have yet to mention the best thing about BatteryDoctorPro: it's a FREE TWEAK. That's right folks! This jailbreak tweak that could easily command a price of $5 and up with its many features and elegant, polished design is actually a free tweak.
Until now, I am baffled by the fact that this is an actual free tweak. If you're not using BatteryDoctorPro, then you are seriously missing out. It's a free tweak, so you have no reason not to give it a try. Who knows? You might become a happy camper, just like yours truly.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback