After the much anticipated iOS 7 keynote, Apple proceeded to release the first pre-release version of its new firmware in the form iOS 7 beta 1. However, it is common knowledge that you need to be a registered Apple developer to be able to download and install beta firmware. Some folks found out that it's actually possible to install iOS 7 beta 1 even without a registered UDID.
- This method only works for the following devices: iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5
- If you care about your jailbreak, don't update to iOS 7, you will LOSE YOUR JAILBREAK.
- If you use a carrier unlock, you will lose it as well.
- You will likely experience bugs, crashes and non-working apps.
- DISCLAIMER: The procedure detailed in this guide is deemed risky and may cause damage to your device. Jaxov will not be held responsible if your iPhone is damaged due to following this tutorial. Follow this tutorial at your own risk.
- iOS 7 beta 1 IPSW (we won't provide the links but I'm sure you can easily find it through your favorite search engine or file sharing sites)
- iOS 6.1.3 IPSW (for iPhone 4, iPhone 5S)
- iOS 6.1.4 IPSW (for iPhone 5)
- Latest version of iTunes (iTunes 11.0.4)
How to Install iOS 7 Beta Without Registered UDID
- Connect the iPhone to your PC or Mac and launch the latest version of iTunes.
- Make sure that you backup your iPhone at this point.
- Now, Left-click your iPhone in iTunes, this will bring up the right-hand side main window.
- If you aren't running iOS 6.1.4 (iPhone 5) or iOS 6.1.3 (iPhone 4/iPhone 4S) then you can choose to either update it via normal method or through the Shift+Click Restore method, and browse for the appropriate iOS 6.1.4/6.1.3 firmware.
- After the restore process, just follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once it comes up, tick the “set devices as new iPhone” option and Click Continue.
- Again, just proceed by following on-screen instructions.
- After that, while in iTunes perform a “Shift+Click” on “Check for update”. This is important, use Check for Update instead of Restore. Ensure your device is activated before clicking update.
- You should see a popup, just select the iOS 7 beta 1 IPSW file you have downloaded for this guide.
And that's about it! This is how you install iOS 7 beta 1 without registered UDID on iPhone 4, iPhone 4S or iPhone 5. If you are encountering errors, make sure that you download the correct firmware files for your device.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback