If you're keeping yourself in the loop with the jailbreak community, then you should be familiar with many significant identities have contributed to the cause of liberating our iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. One such person making a name for himself in jailbreaking is the world-famous Pod2g, who is best known for his significant contribution that paved the way for the untethered iOS 5 jailbreak. So, what's he up to these days? Well, earlier last week, Pod2g sparked an online petition calling out Apple to open up iOS. Aside from that, it turns out Pod2g is working on an official App Store app.
Over the few months, Pod2g has been working on an app to be released in the App Store, and now it seems it's ready for public use. The app is called PodDJ, and as you might have guessed with its name, it's the "new DJ application that transforms your iPad into a real mixing engine." Of course, there's no shortage of DJ-ing apps in the App Store, so what makes this one special? According to the description, it's by far the most realist virtual turntable anyone has ever seen, owing it to the design and the perfect fluidity of the display.
Pod2g seems to have really put his heart and soul in this app, since it's evident with the polish PodDJ has. And on top of that, the app boasts faster loading of iTunes library, highest sound fidelity, and with rightfully placed discs and controls, allowing for a better user experience. It also claims to be the only iPad DJ app which you can truly scratch, thanks to zero latency cue points and brilliant touch to sound reactivity.
Check out the full features of PodDJ below:
- iTunes library access without any conversion (MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF...)
- Monitor (pre-cueing) output
- Multi-Route audio: individual output management (you can choose where the monitor and each turntable output goes)
- Compatibility with stereo splitting cables
- 5 milliseconds of sound latency
- 60Hz refresh rate
- Zero latency cue points
- Zero latency key lock (time shifting) using DIRAC 3 technology
- Automatic BPM detection
- Manual (tap) BPM computation
- No limit to the number of touches (multiple controls at the same time are accessible)
- High fidelity equalizer with separate bass, medium and treble settings, kill buttons, and 2 possibles curves
- Highly customizable turntable emulation
- AirPlay compatible
- Numark iDJ Live compatible
Pod2g said he'll be adding more features down the line. As of this writing, PodDJ is going live in a number of App Store markets around the globe, although the release is at midnight this evening. As a promotional offer, PodDJ will be offered for $5.99 on January 12th and 13th. Toward the end of January, it'll be available for $7.99, after that, it will be sold for $9.99. So, if you wish to net some discounts, better get it ASAP. As mentioned, this app is only available for the iPad running iOS 6 or later.
Download podDJ from the iTunes App StoreContact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback