Facebook has added a new functionality to its ever growing lists of features and options, the new Photo Syncing feature. Mark Zuckerberg and co. are always thinking of new ways to expand the features and functionality of Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site with over a billion monthly active users. Over time, Facebook has certainly evolved with numerous interface redesigns and the addition of new technologies and services in an aim to improve the users’ social experience. There are folks who welcomed the changes, while there those who are not quite receptive to them. If you are on iOS or Android, you can now take advantage of the newest addition to Facebook, Photo Syncing.
So how does Photo Syncing work? When this option is enabled, any photos that you have taken on your iOS or Android device will be automatically synced with a private album on Facebook. You can then easily open and share those synced photos on your Facebook account from your desktop, mobile or any other device. Below is a short tutorial on how to use the new Facebook Photo Syncing feature on your iPhone or Android device.
How to Use Facebook’s New Photo Syncing on Your iPhone or Android:
NOTE: For iOS users, Photo Syncing is ONLY available in iOS 6.
- Launch the Official Facebook application on your iPhone or Android device.
- Swipe the left-side panel to the right to reveal the navigation pane. Scroll down and tap on Photos.
- On the photos section, tap the Sync tab which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- A step-by-step instructions will be shown to you, just follow it and you should be fine.
You can also manually enable this feature through your computer. Just go to your Facebook Timeline, click Photos, and at the top of the Photo section, click Synced From Phone. Follow the step-by-step instructions which will appear.
How to Disable Facebook’s New Photo Syncing on Your iPhone or Android:
- Launch the Facebook app and tap the top-left main menu.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Account > App Settings > Sync Photos
- Tap Don’t Sync My Photos.
- Launch the Facebook app and go to your Timeline.
- Tap Photos, then Synced at the bottom.
- Tap the gear icon and select Turn off Photo Sync.
- Tap Don’t sync my photos.
And there you have it! This is how you enable and disable Photo Syncing on your iOS and Android devices. Remember that there is a limit of 2GB cloud storage for your photos. So how do you like Facebook’s new Photo Syncing?