Yesterday, we brought to you a post regarding the latest version of Redsn0w, which is version 0.9.15b3. There isn’t much to expect aside from the fact that it fixes various bugs and adds the ability to save the iPad 4 and iPad Mini SHSH blobs. And no, the list of devices that can be jailbroken is iOS 6 is still pretty much the same which means that only A4-based devices are supported. Thanks to the LimeRa1n, all pre-A5 devices are pretty much susceptible to being jailbroken as the exploit lies within the hardware itself. This means that even with newer firmware versions like with the recent iOS 6.0.1 update, A4 devices can be jailbroken right off the bat. Here’s a guide on How to Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 4 & iPod touch Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b3.
Before You Proceed:
- This jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 tutorial is only applicable to the following devices: iPhone 4 (GSM & CDMA), iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch 4G.
- Like pretty much all iOS 6 jailbreak so far, this is a TETHERED jailbreak. So every time that your device powers down or reboots, you will need to connect it into your computer and run it over Redsn0w.
- Of course, you will need to be in the latest firmware in order to use this jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 guide. Download iOS 6.0.1 for your device here.
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 4 & iPod touch Using Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 [Untethered]:
- First things first, you will have to download Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for your respective operating system. Download links for Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 can be found here.
- Once you have downloaded Redsn0w 0.9.15b3, extract its contents to your preferred directory. Double-click redsn0w.exe to launch Redsn0w. For Windows users, right click on the executable and run redsn0w.exe as an administrator.
- With Redsn0w launched, click the Extras button from the main screen.
- On the next screen, click the Select IPSW and manually point it to the original iOS 6 firmware (not the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW). Once Redsn0w successfully verifies the IPSW file, click the back button and you will be back at the main screen.
- Click the Jailbreak button, and in the following screen, you should see some instructions on how to prepare your device for entering DFU mode. So plug in your device and turn it off. Once you are ready click Next.
- On the following screen, you should see the instructions on how to put your device in DFU mode. Just follow the onscreen instructions or you can follow the mini guide below:
- Hold down Power (corner) button for 5 seconds.
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (bottom center) button along with the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the home button, stop holding down the power button for up to 15 seconds.
How to Perform a Tethered Boot:
As emphasized in this post, this guide is for you to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 tethered. You will need to use Redsn0w to boot your iDevice back into its jailbroken state each time it loses power or reboots. Booting into tethered mode is pretty easy and only requires you to perform a DFU mode procedure similar to the one performed above.
- From the main screen of Redsn0w, click Extras.
- On the next screen click the Just Boot option.
- Again, you will be shown the procedure on how to place your device in DFU mode. Just stick to the instructions and things should go just fine.
If you have any questions on how to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 on your iPhone and iPod touch, feel free to leave a comment below.