Download Ultrasn0w Fixer to Unlock iOS 6 on iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS [How-To Guide]

While it is true that iOS 6 has a lot of attractive features that make it so compelling to update, there is the definite reality that your favorite jailbreak tweaks and apps won't work on it, one such app is the one that can unlock iOS 6, Ultrasn0w. In case you don't know, Ultrasn0w is a very useful jailbreak app by the iPhone Dev-Team which allows users to unlock their iPhone so that they can use any SIM from sort of carrier. Those who are relying on Ultrasn0w to unlock their device must be quite disappointed that the app doesn't work in iOS 6. Well great news for Ultrasn0w unlockers, a package has been released called UltraSn0w Fixer that will make Ultrasn0w work in iOS 6.

Unlock iOS 6 Using Ultrasn0w Fixer Download Ultrasn0w Fixer to Unlock iOS 6 on iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS [How To Guide]
Previously, we have shared a tutorial that will allow iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS owners to update to iOS 6 without updating their baseband. If you are relying in an unlock, then it is a no-brainer that you should preserve your baseband whenever you update to a firmware version, otherwise you will lose your unlock. You have to wait until the time comes that your unlock solution is updated for the baseband which you have updated to and this usually take weeks or even months. As a stop-gap measure, Ultrasn0w fixer for iOS 6 has been released in Cydia. This should help tide you over as you wait for Ultrasn0w to get updated officially.

Ultrasn0w fixer for iOS 6 supports the following baseband: 01.59.00, 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.13.01, 05.12.01, 06.15.00. The tweak only works for a jailbroken iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. If you need some help on how to jailbreak your iPhone, feel free to refer to our iOS 6 Jailbreak guide.

Steps on How to Unlock iOS 6 Using Ultrasn0w Fixer:

1. Upon successfully jailbreaking your device, launch Cydia by clicking its icon on the Springboard.
  2. From Cydia's main screen, tap Manage at the bottom of the screen, then in the following screen tap Sources.
  3. Cydia Manage Tab 0 Download Ultrasn0w Fixer to Unlock iOS 6 on iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS [How To Guide]

4. In the Sources section, tap the Edit followed by a tap to the Add button. When asked for the Cydia/APT URL, add the following: http://repo.iparelhos.com
  5. Add iParelhos Repo Download Ultrasn0w Fixer to Unlock iOS 6 on iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS [How To Guide]

6. Upon adding the repo, you will now need to download the latest official version of Ultrasn0w. IMPORTANT: Make sure that you install official Ultrasn0w first before installing the Fixer, otherwise the whole thing won't work.
  7. Once Ultrasn0w has been installed properly, you can now search for Ultrasn0w Fixer for 6.0 in Cydia. Tap Install to start the installation process.
  8. Ultrasn0w Fixer for iOS 6.0 Download Ultrasn0w Fixer to Unlock iOS 6 on iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS [How To Guide]

At this point, you are pretty much done unlocking your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS! As mentioned, you will need to have preserved your baseband while updating to iOS 6, or else there is no jailbreak solution that can help you. This Fixer is only designed to make Ultrasn0w work for iOS 6 along with its old supported basebands. So keep that in mind before you proceed to try out this whole process. For any questions or concerns on how to unlock iOS 6, please feel free to leave a comment below.

Be Sure to Check Out:

Black Smith1 year, 5 months ago

Help, won’t work for me after installing ultrasnow 1.2.8 and fixer for 6.1.Mine is 3gs ios 6.1.3 cydia1.1.8 firmware 06.15.00

Natalie Hewko1 year, 11 months ago

Undoubtedly, Apple’s instance retail store is by way of distance. It’s a really variety of all kinds with programs versus a fairly sorrowful choice a handful for the purpose of Zune. Microsof company is applications, specially inside the realm of exercises, nonetheless I am not sure It is safe to need to wagered with the success detail aspect is critical for your needs. Ipod could be a even better determination if so.

Vicky2 years ago

I jailbroke my iphone 3gs using redsnow. Now it is on version 6.0.1(10A523) . Firmware (06.15.00) I installed ultrasnow and ultrasnow fixer. Doesn’t seem to work. Any idea on how to unlock my phone.

Tyler (Jaxov Team)2 years ago

Make sure you get the latest version of the ultrasn0w fixer (updated for iOS 6.0.1), and to install the official ultrasn0w first BEFORE installing the new fixer.

abdenour2 years, 1 month ago

hii upgraded my iphone 3gs to ios 6 and i preserved my old bseband 06.15.00 jailbreaked my iphone and installed ultrasn0w but still my ihone is not unlocked plzase help

chamboy32 years, 1 month ago

not working dude.. repo not available..

Aldrich2 years, 1 month ago

Hi Patrick. I have already updated my iPhone4 to ios6 before I knew that the gevey sim wont work with the new baseband 04.12.02. Will I still be able to unlock it using this software or should I wait for a custom baseband to be released? Or a new gevey sim for this baseband? Im completely clueless. Please help.

Ryan2 years, 1 month ago

i didnt know about the BaseBand so i just installed ios 6 but now i need to downgrade my iphone to get BaseBand 1.59.00 as i have 4.12.02 but it wont let me as it keeps saying error 3194 on itunes.(i downloaded firmware 4.1). CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO AS  IM REALLY STUCK!!! THANKS ALOT

Pol2 years ago

There is no way to downgrade your baseband. If you have an iPhone 4 with 4.12.02 baseband, there is *nothing* you can do, except maybe hassling your operator to factory unlock it. I would recommend selling it to somebody that want to use it on the network it is simlocked on, and buying one that works with your provider.

Geraldo2 years, 1 month ago

will this work for BB 05.13.04? I want to downgrade from BB 06.15.00 to get this unlock, and I can only downgrade to 05.13.04 (which is not listed here as a compatible BB). If not, what are my alternatives

luisrast2 years, 1 month ago

this is not working :(

tom partridge2 years, 1 month ago

is it possible to unlock my iphone to any network and not just the baseband network?

Patrick Gumban2 years, 1 month ago

This fixer will unlock your iPhone to any network on iOS 6. This is provided that you have Ultrasn0w as an unlock solution now, and it works for your current baseband or if you are using a Gevey SIM. Basically, what this fixer does is to have your Ultrasn0w unlocked iPhone to work on iOS.