At some point, we're quite sure that some iPad owners have entertained the thought of turning their tablet into a fully functional phone which can make calls and send / receive text messages. Well sure, turning your tablet into an iPhone and using it like one will surely garner some weird looks from folks, not to mention the fact that it will surely be downright awkward. But, who says you can't do it? And if it can expand the functions of your iPad, why not? This is especially true when you can do it for free by installing today's featured jailbreak tweak.
The idea of turning your iPad into a fully functional phone is not exactly new. In the past there are jailbreak apps that can turn your tablet into an iPhone. Perhaps, the most notable one is PhoneItiPad by iPhoneIslam. The problem is that, most of these apps will usually cost you money. For example, PhoneItiPad will have you shell-out $19.99. But today's jailbreak tweak can turn your iPad into an iPhone which can make phone calls and send / receive text messages for the great price of FREE. The name of the tweak is called [Ac!D]TelePad from iOS developer Bassam Kassem. This really useful tweak can indeed turn iPad into iPhone but it has some limitations. Check out the tweak in action below:
Below is a tutorial on how you can turn iPad into iPhone for free.
Before You Proceed:
- This tweak will ONLY WORK with a jailbroken 1st-gen Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad.
- For this to work, you need a SIM card from a phone. The data SIM that comes with your 1st-gen Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad will not work with this tweak.
- After you have uninstalled [Ac!D]TelePad, you could potentially experience issues with your 3G connectivity. This can be solved by installing a Cydia tweak called TetherMe.
Steps on How to Turn iPad into iPhone for FREE:
- First, you will of course need to jailbreak your 1st-gen iPad. For tutorials on how to do it, refer to these following guides: Absinthe | Redsn0w | Sn0wbreeze | Cinject
- After jailbreaking your iPad, launch Cydia. At the main screen of Cydia, tap Manage, then Sources. Add the following repository: http://cydia.bassamkassem.com/
- After successfully adding the repo, access the Bassamkassem repo and look for the [Ac!D]TelePad Cydia tweak. Install it on your iPad and you should be done.
That's pretty much it! You now have have turned your iPad into iPhone for the great price of nothing. Just make sure that you have all the necessary requirements in order to ensure that this jailbreak tweak will work. For any questions or comments on how to turn iPad into iPhone for free, drop us a comment below.