If you want to jailbreak iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1 untethered (or iPad2 ) using Windows, we have just the right solution for you: the iPhone Dev Team's Cinject 0.4.3 tool. All you need is a computer running Windows and to download the Cinject 0.4.3 tool, just follow the steps described in the tutorial below. The result will be the most sought-after app store, Cydia, right on your iDevice.
Before you put the pieces together to jailbreak iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1 untethered we recommend you toggle off each passcode you have on your iPhone 4S or iPad 2, just to save time and energy, and possible headaches. Also, for a successful jailbreak, you need to do two more things: plug in your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 -- also we assume you have installed iTunes already (for drivers) -- and secondly, you must run command prompt as admin.
So, if you are ready to jailbreak iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1 untethered using the Cinject 0.4.3 tool signed by iPhone Dev Team, here are the steps you should follow:
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1 untethered using Cinject 0.4.3:
- Download the Cinject 0.4.3 (or later) tool and extract it to your hard drive (root section).
- Plug in your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer.
- Open Programs and, right-clicking on CMD, select "Run as administrator" and then go to the directory where your recently downloaded Cinject 0.4.3 tool resides. Enter the commands as follows:
- The iDevice's screen will display and install profile prompt. Tap on the install button and then "Next" to accept the profile. As a next step, write the following commands in your CMD:
- Next you'll need to go to Settings > Network > VPN and enable VPN settings.
- Your iDevice will automatically reboot, and you'll see other errors in your CMD window, but fear not, this is absolutely normal. BTW, you'll find information about these errors in the ReadMe file shipped with the Cinject 0.4.3 tool.
- Finally, you'll see something similar to this: "iPhone jailbreak: Installing filemover…
cinject -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig
cinject -j payloads cinject -w
After loading, it will display the following information: "A configuration error occurred." If you see this info, you're on the right path, so don't panic, just proceed with the next step.
Congratulations! You have finalized the process of jailbreaking the iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1 untethered! You'll see the awaited Cydia on your iDevice's screen. Enjoy!
In some cases you might see this error message: "Send1: Response too large". The best thing to do is unplug your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 and then plug it backin. This should do it. If you have any questions or concerns regarding jailbreak iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1 untethered using the Cinject 0.4.3 tool, let us know in the comment section.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback