Geohot has shown his skills by posting photos of a successful jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iPhone OS 3.0 and obviously made the tool public to help you folks set your iPhone 3GS free as well. While some of us have upgraded to iOS 6, there are still plenty of users who are still running the earlier versions of Apple's mobile OS, and they want to jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iPhone OS 3.0. This tutorial will guide you through the process, and the result will be an iPhone 3GS set free!
So, if you are ready to jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iPhone OS 3.0, just read on and follow the steps described below. Meanwhile, we need to note here that we will be using Purplera1n to obtain an untethered jailbreak, so you'll need to download Purplera1n. In addition, you need to know that the jailbreak isn't complete, and you will notice that some apps, such as WinterBoard, won't work.
How to jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iPhone OS 3.0 with Purplera1n
- Download the latest version of iTunes; reboot your computer.
- Close iTunes and plug in your iPhone 3GS.
- Double-click on Purplera1n and choose "Make it Ra1n". A pop-up window will inform you that your iPhone 3GS is "waiting for reboot". The iDevice will reboot in recovery mode, and the above image will appear on the screen. If it doesn't, then you should repeat the process.
- Wait a few minutes for your iPhone to reboot and a new icon Freeze will appear on the springboard.
- Tap on Freeze to launch it and choose install Cydia.
- As soon as you see Cydia installed, you can close Freeze and restart your iPhone.
- Find the Cydia icon and update the app.
- Now, you may want to delete Freeze from your iPhone. To do that, install CyDelete -- from Cydia, of course -- and delete Freeze, just like you delete any app you have downloaded from the App Store (long press on the icon -- icons wiggle -- tap the x button)
- Now, if you want to unlock your iPhone 3GS, just search for UltraSnow in the Cydia Store.
Congratulations! Your jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 on the iPhone 3GS is done. Enjoy!
As always, if you have any questions about how to jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iPhone OS 3.0 using Purplera1n, or anything else regarding jailbreak, let us know by using the comments section.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback