As far as jailbreak tools go, there is no doubt that Redsn0w is among the most reliable ones. Originally known as QuickPWN, iPhone Dev-Team’s Redsn0w quickly became the go-to solution for users who are looking to jailbreak their iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Aside from the fact that it is very easy to use, Redsn0w also benefits from swift updates, simple but effective interface, and it works for both Windows and Mac. If you own an iPhone 3G or iPhone 2G that runs iPhone OS firmware 3.0, then you can use Redsn0w to jailbreak your device. Here’s a quick guide on How to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 on iPhone 3G/2G & iPod 2G Using Redsn0w 3.0.
Before You Proceed:
- This tutorial assumes that you are already running on iPhone OS 3.0 firmware. If not, just launch iTunes and restore your device to the said firmware version.
- In addition, iPhone 2G users will have to perform an extra step which includes providing bootloader files.
- For Windows 7 Users: Redsn0w may crash when using the tool in Windows 7. To prevent this, right click on Redsn0w.exe go to Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and ensure that the “Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)” option is selected. Now when you run Redsn0w.exe, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
Steps on How to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 on iPhone 3G/2G & iPod 2G Using Redsn0w 3.0:
- Download Redsn0w (Windows/Mac) and extract the contents of the zipped file on your desktop or just any directory you desire.
- You will also need to download the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware file.
- Launch Redsn0w.exe from the file you’ve extracted in Step 1.
- From the main screen, click the Browse button. Point it to the location of the iPhone OS 3.0 firmware file.
- Redsn0w will then verify if the IPSW file is valid. When back on the main screen, click Next to proceed.
- Redsn0w will then proceed to patch the original file.
- On the next screen, you should see some options. Make sure that you have the Install Cydia option checked. For 2G users, check the Unlock option in order to enable your phone to use any carrier SIM.
- This step is for iPhone 2G users ONLY, iPhone 3G owners may skip to the next step. In this screen you will have to provide the path to two bootloader files: the bl39.bin and bl46.bin files. Download links: [bl39.bin | bl46.bin]
- In this step, ensure that you device is PLUGGED IN and TURNED OFF. When you are ready, click Next to move on.
- You will be asked to place your device in DFU Mode. Just follow the onscreen instructions provided by the program or you may follow the steps below:
- Hold down the Power (corner) button for 2 second.
- The, hold down both Home without releasing the Power buttons for 10 seconds.
- Then release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 30 more seconds.
And with that, you are done! Feel free to ask if you have any questions on how to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0.