If you are have been keeping yourself in the loop with regards to everything about jailbreaks, you should be well aware that the latest stable untethered jailbreak is for iOS 5.1.1. Chances are high that you are already sporting the latest untethered jailbreak on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using popular tools such as Absinthe and Redsn0w. But just in case that you are someone who relies iH8sn0w's Sn0wbreeze tool, then it is worth knowing that Sn0wbreeze 2.9.6 is long available for you to download.
Sn0wbreeze 2.9.6 is actually a minor update from Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 as it only brings support to Apple TV 2 on iOS 5.0.2. Here's How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.6 [Full Untethered Guide].
Before You Proceed:
- As with the majority of previous Sn0wbreeze versions, 2.9.6 is only available for the Windows operating system. Mac users might want to use Redsn0w or Absinthe instead.
- Sn0wbreeze 2.9.6 doesn't have support for A5 (X) devices (iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd Gen). Again, you may use Redsn0w or Absinthe as an alternative.
- Before proceeding with the jailbreak process, back-up all your important files using iTunes or iCloud.
- For those who are running A5 (X) devices and wanting to preserve their baseband, you are out of luck at the moment. For those who are looking to hacktivate, it is advised that you buy the carrier's SIM which is locked to the device on eBay. The SIM does not have to be active in order to activate your iPhone.
Steps on How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.6:
- To start this iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak process, you need to download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.6 for Windows.
- Launch Sn0wbreeze 2.9.6 and while on the main screen, click on the blue arrow.
- On the IPSW Selection screen, click Browse for an IPSW. You can use the Download iOS firmware button if you haven't downloaded the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW file yet or you can use the direct links provided by us.
- You will be asked to browse for an IPSW file. Of course, you will have to select the iOS 5.1.1 firmware file.
- On the next screen, your device IPSW will be verified by Sn0wbreeze. To proceed, click on the blue arrow.
- On the next screen, you should see numerous options. At this point, be sure to click on Expert Mode.
- Next, select General and click on the blue arrow. Make sure that the options Activate the iPhone and Install SSH are checked. Click on the blue arrow again.
- That should take you to the previous page, this time select Build IPSW and click on the blue arrow.
- The program will now proceed to create your IPSW file, simply wait for the whole process to finish in order to proceed.
- Click OK once the IPSW creation is finished.
- Now that we have the IPSW ready, it is time to put your device into a Pwned DFU mode in order to prepare for the restore process. Connect your device and from the top left of the menu, click iREB and Run iREB. You will be asked if you will use iREB for Apple TV 2, choose the applicable answer.
- Click Start and simply follow the onscreen instructions to put your device into Pwned DFU mode.
- If you have been successful, you should see a dialog confirmation. Just click OK.
- Now open iTunes, select your device from the left-panel. Be sure that when restoring, you hold down the SHIFT button and click on Restore. Now browse for the IPSW file that was created by Sn0wbreeze during the earlier steps.
- Once the IPSW is loaded, iTunes should start restoring your iOS device. At this point, do not do anything that will disrupt the process like touching or disconnecting the device. After the restore process, You should be able to see the dialog message below. Click OK.
And with that, you are done. Congratulations!! You should have successfully jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered using Sn0wbreeze.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback