The "Redsn0w.exe has stopped working" message is indeed one of the most common errors that one could encounter when working with Redsn0w. As you may already know, Redsn0w is one of the most popular and reliable jailbreak tools around. However, it is not without its flaws such as errors and bugs. It can be rather frustrating when a program just stops working while you are on the process of jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. There are cases where Redsn0w just stops working and proceeds to crash. Fortunately this particular Redsn0w.exe error is pretty much fixable. Just follow this guide on How to Fix the iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreak Error: Redsn0w.exe Has Stopped Working.
NOTE: The following fix will solve several problems concerning Redsn0w including the:
- Redsn0w freezes at 'Uploading ramdisk'
- 'Redsn0w.exe has stopped working' error in Windows 7 or Vista
- Redsn0w crashes when iPhone screen displays 'Downloading Jailbreak Data'
Steps on How to Fix Redsn0w.exe Has Stopped Working Error:
The main point of this guide is to ensure that you are running Redsn0w as an administrator in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and have set the Redsn0w process affinity to CPU 1 via the 'Task Manager'. These are the main solutions to this particular Redsn0w error. Simply follow the steps below:
- Right-click on Redsn0w.exe and select 'Properties' from the context-menu.
- You should several tabs at the top. Go to 'Compatibility' tab and check the 'Run this program compatibility mode for:', then select the 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)' from the options. Click Apply and then OK in order to fully apply the changes.
- Now in order to run Redsn0w as an administrator, right-click on Redsn0w.exe again but this time, choose 'Run as administrator' from the context menu.
- Bring up the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and clicking on Start Task Manager.
- At the task manager screen, you should click the Processes tab from the top. Look for the redsn0w.exe process, right click on it and choose 'Set Affinity...'. NOTE: If you can't set the affinity, just click on "Show processes from all users" and right click on the redsn0w.exe process again. You should be able to set the affinity now.
- On the Processor Affinity screen, set it to CPU 1 only.
- Click OK in order to close the window. Now start the jailbreak process all over again and hopefull this time, the dreaded Redsn0w.exe Has Stopped Working error won't show up anymore.
And that is pretty much it, this guide covers majority of the instances when Redsn0w has stopped working or just overall froze. In order to perform this guide, make sure that you have full Admin priviliges. If not, then you should not even attempt to jailbreak a device on a computer which you don't have full admin access to. Make sure that you are logged in on an administrator account. If you have any further questions or issues, make sure to let us know in the comments section. Hopefully this tutorial fixes your Redsn0w.exe Has Stopped Working error.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback