One of the most popular jailbreak apps that most people install is definitely Installous. But as it occasionally happens, there are bound to be errors to be found when using Installous. Perhaps one of the most common errors that users encounter when working with this app is the dreaded Installous Invalid IPA Error. But the solution for the Installous installation failed error is actually quite simple. All you need is to uninstall previous installations of AppSync and then reinstall it again via the Hackulous source. In order to do that, check out our guide on how to Fix Installous 5 Installation Failed: Invalid IPA Error on iOS 5.x.x.
Steps on How to Fix Installous Invalid IPA Error on iOS 5.x.x:
NOTE: This guide assumes that you have already installed Installous 5 on your iDevice running iOS 5.x.x. If you haven't yet installed Installous, make sure that you check out this guide.
- Launch Cydia from your jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. On Cydia, tap the Search tab which is found on the bottom of the screen. Type AppSync in the search field and hit the Search button. If you have installed any previous versions of AppSync, you should see a ? sign beside it.
- Tap on the version which has a ? sign, and select the Remove option. This will remove the existing version of AppSync from your device.
- After AppSync has been removed, tap Manage at the bottom of the screen, then tap Sources. You will see that there is a list of stock and installed Cydia repos here, look for the Hackulo.us repo and tap it. You should many different versions of AppSync, look for AppSync for iOS 5.0+ and tap it.
- Install AppSync for iOS 5.0+ by tapping the Install button located at the top right of the screen.
- After successfully installing AppSync for iOS 5.0+, make sure that you reboot your iPhone for good measure. Now try installing an IPA file from Installous and hopefully the Invalid IPA Error is now resolved.
If you have any questions on how to solve the Installous Invalid IPA Error, feel free to comment on this post.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback