One of the best perks of jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is the ability to install cracked apps via Installous. But once you have tried syncing your device on your computer, you will find that iTunes doesn't like it very much. Meaning, it will pretty much delete all of the cracked apps that you have installed in your iDevice, which I guess most of you won't like. This is why it is imperative that you install AppSync 5.1.1 on your device if you are looking to install cracked apps.
Steps on How to Install AppSync 5.1.1 to Get Cracked Apps on iOS 5.1.1
- Open Cydia from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch jailbroken to iOS 5.1.1. If you need some help on how to do it, refer to these guides: Absinthe | Redsn0w | Sn0wbreeze | Cinject
- Tap the Manage tab at the bottom of the screen, and on the next screen tap Sources.
- Now tap the Edit button located at the top right corner of the screen, then tap Add on the top left corner.
- Now you will be prompted for the Cydia/APT URL, just type: http://cydia.hackulo.us and then tap Add Source, then Add Anyway.
- Cydia will now update its repositories. Once finished, just tap Return to Cydia.
- Now it is time to search for AppSync for iOS 5.0+. Tap Search at the bottom of the screen. And just type AppSync into the search field. If you were successful in adding the Hackulous repo, AppSync for iOS 5.0+ should appear in the search results.
- Tap AppSync for iOS 5.0+ from the results and begin the installation by tapping Install at the top-right corner.
- Cydia will now start installing AppSync into your iDevice, so wait for a few seconds. Once the installation is done, you should see the Return to Cydia button. Just tap that to complete the installation.
And that's it, you are done here! Now you should be able to install cracked iOS apps downloaded via Installous and you can also sync them with device through iTunes. If you have any question about AppSync 5.1.1, let us know in the comments.