Downloading files over the web using torrent clients is one of the most reliable methods when getting the files we want. But if you have been using this download method for a considerable time now, you should know that there are instances when the download speed is less than desirable, especially with poorly seeded files. Wouldn't it be nice if you could download torrent files in direct download manner? Well here's a nifty trick that will allow you to download torrent using IDM (Internet Download Manager).
Steps on How to Download Torrent Using IDM (Internet Download Manager)
NOTE: See UPDATE X1 at the bottom of this post.
- First you will need to download the torrent file that you wish to download and save it into your computer.
- Then head over to ZZLBox.com and create an account (required), don't worry it's free.
- Now, log-in to your account (after verification) and from the main menu click the Add files(s) button which is located on the top right portion of the site.
- On the File Add screen, you have the choice of adding files by remote URL (.torrent file, info_hash or magnet link) or by a torrent file saved locally. Click Choose Files and browse for the file you have downloaded in Step 1.
- Click the Add files(s) button and it should verify the torrent. There should be a green "OK" after the filename.
- Now click on Files from the left panel and it should show you the files that you have just added. If the file is not showing, click the Refresh button from the top panel.
- At this point, you can now download the file using ZZLBox's download manager but we'll be using IDM for maximum download speed. On the rightmost side of the file, there should be a download button. Right click on the download button and Copy the link address.
- Now, launch IDM and click the Add URL button. Paste the link address that you have copied from ZZLBox and Click OK.
- Save the file on your desired directory and click Start Download to initiate the download process.
And that is how to download torrent using IDM or any supported download manager. I've tested it thoroughly and the download can be resumed without any issues. I'm aware that ZZLBox is still pretty much a beta service at this point, but I find it to be the best in terms of speed. I've explored other options such as Torrific (which is now dead) and ZbigZ (slower speeds and it's frequently down) but ZZLBox just takes the cake. If you have other suggestions on how to download torrent using IDM, feel free to share it in the comments section.
UPDATE x1: It seems that I posted this guide prematurely as ZZLBox is not letting me download anymore. Basically it only lets me download for a couple of hours and now it's returning an error that my premium account (FREE registered) is no longer valid, so it's asking for payment now. Yikes! For now, the best alternative to use is ZBigZ, just upload the torrent file or paste the torrent or magnet link, let ZbigZ cache the files, click Download and IDM should automatically grab the file and you can download away. Just opt for the free options when asked.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback