When it comes to Bluetooth functionality, iOS device owners should know quite well just how limited this option is on their devices. Bluetooth in an iPhone, iPad or iPad touch can only be used to communicate with another iOS device. This means that if you want to connect with other non-Apple devices via Bluetooth, you are pretty much out of luck. Fortunately, the jailbreak community has always been there so mitigate these silly limitations imposed by Apple. If you want to get the most out of your Bluetooth, then you should check out this jailbreak utility.
If you are an avid reader of our blog, you may be able to recall that just last month, Cocoanuts has announced that the popular Bluetooth app Celeste is finally coming to iOS 5. But as of this posting, Celeste is pretty much MIA on iOS 5. But if you want an alternative that does everything that Celeste does, then you can share files over Bluetooth using AirBlue App.
AirBlue Sharing by author Eric Day, is a Bluetooth file sharing application that enables users to easily transfer their files between phones or other devices. Probably the main selling point of this tweak is that it is 100% compatible with any Bluetooth enabled device, even older ones. This is a tweak that you can just install and forget as it requires no further configuration. It also boasts a fairly fast transfer speed of up to 1.7 MB/s. Below is the list of AirBlue Bluetooth App For iPhone complete features.
Features of AirBlue Bluetooth App For iPhone
- Zero configuration
- Native Bluetooth pairing, do not have to re-pair your device when using iOS native Bluetooth
- High speed Bluetooth transimision, up to 1.7 MB/s
- Automatically shutdown Bluetooth when transimision done to save power
- Transfer files over WiFi connection, it’s possible to transfer a video file in a few seconds (iOS to iOS)
- Automatically create a WiFi hotspot for transimision when no WiFi available (iOS to iOS, large file)
- Send from Notes/Photos/Videos /Music/Contacts/Voice Memos …
- Send any file from applications support “Open in …”
- Import received files to Contacts/Photos
- Import received files to applications support “Open in …”
- Send/receive multiple files simultaneously
- Sent/received notification sounds
- Compatible with Mac OS X, Windows XP/Vista/7, Linux, Nokia, Android, Blackberry and almost any other Bluetooth enabled phone.
AirBlue Sharing is a great jailbreak utility and is perfect for those who are looking for a quick Celeste alternative. And the best part is, it is compatible with iOS 5 and only costs $4.99.
To download AirBlue Sharing, you need to jailbreak your device first. Here are some tutorials that you could use. For users who are currently in iOS 5.1.1 and want the latest untethered jailbreak, feel free to use the following guides: Absinthe | Redsn0w | Sn0wbreeze | Cinject.
AirBlue Bluetooth App For iPhone is available in Cydia under BigBoss repo for $4.99.