A few weeks ago the guys behind Redsn0w released a new version to Jailbreak iOS 6 on Mac or Windows. We already reported about this, combined with a perfect how-to tutorial. Now Apple has released iOS 6 Beta 2 to registered developers and with that, Redsn0w is updated as well. Not only to jailbreak this new beta-version, but also with a fix for the various SSH-problems and crashes.
The goal of the different Beta-versions is to give ‘official’ developers a chance to write and test their apps for the official public release of iOS 6. For the same reason, the guys behind Redsn0w also released an update to give jailbreak-developers the opportunity to test their new apps.
Warnings Before You Continue to Jailbreak iOS 6 on Mac or Windows!
- Redsn0w 0.9.13Dev2 will only support iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 is supported in both GSM and CDMA versions. Those are the devices with an A4-chip on board.
- The jailbreak is only intended to be used by jailbreak-developers. If you are not one of them, just stay far away from this.
- Cydia will not be installed. Instead of this SSH access will be provided.
- This version will not hactivate. To pass the activation-screen, you need to be a registered developer.
- This is a tethered jailbreak, so you cannot switch off your device without being close to your computer. Otherwise the iDevice may not be usable until there is a connection between your computer and the iDevice.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.13 Dev2
You can download Redsn0w 0.9.13Dev2 by clicking on one of the following links:
The steps on how to jailbreak iOS 6 Beta 2, using Redsn0w 0.9.13Dev2, are exactly the same as used for jailbreaking iOS 6 Beta 1 with Redsn0w 0.9.13Dev1. You can find the step-by-step guide here.
Redsn0w 0.9.13 Dev2 Bug Fixes
After the release of Dev1, there were some issues with SSH and weird crashes. This Dev2 version should fix these various SSH problems and crashes with apps.
Share with your friends in a comment, when you encounter any problem with Redsn0w 0.9.13 Dev2, while performing a jailbreak iOS 6 on Mac or Windows!Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback