As you all know already, iOS 6 has finally been unveiled to the general public and Apple has already released the first beta build of its latest mobile operating system. Whenever a new OS version comes, one of the most common questions that jailbreak enthusiasts have is: is it jailbreakable? Well, the good news is that iOS 6 is vulnerable to jailbreaking and the iPhone Dev-Team is releasing a "DEVELOPER-only tethered JB for iOS6." And as per usual, we will provide the appropriate tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 6 beta.
Before You Proceed:
- Just like with iOS 6 Beta 1, this jailbreak is only intended for developers so they can fix their tweaks and apps in iOS 6.
- This jailbreak will not install Cydia but SSH access will be provided.
- This jailbreak is only compatible with A4 devices: iPhone4 (GSM), iPhone4 (CDMA), iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G.
- This jailbreak will not hacktivate your device.
- Stay away if you are relying on an unlock.
- This is a TETHERED jailbreak.
Steps on How to Jailbreak iOS 6 Beta Using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1:
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 for the operating system of your choice: Windows | Mac
- Download iOS 6 Beta IPSW as a registered iOS developer. This is the only legal way to download the iOS 6 Beta iPSW. Restore your device using the downloaded firmware file.
- Run redsn0w.exe from the file you have downloaded in Step 1.
- Click Extras from the main screen and then the Select IPSW on the next screen.
- Browse for the iOS 6 Beta IPSW and click Back.
- On the main screen, click the Jailbreak button.
- On the next you will be asked to place your device in DFU Mode, just follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once your device is detected in DFU mode, Redsn0w will take care of the rest and the remaining procedure will take place in your device.
Just to remind you, this is a tethered jailbreak which means that once your device reboots or shuts down, you will need to run it over into Redsn0w to restore it back to its jailbroken state. To do this, simply connect your device, run Redsn0w, select Extras > Just Boot.
Let us know in the comments if you have any questions on how to jailbreak iOS 6 beta using Redsn0w.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback