By this time, many of you would already be enjoying your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with the latest iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak. But as with any jailbreak solution, there is a good possibility that there are issues that you will be experiencing. If you are having problems with using Absinthe 2.0 or Redsn0w, then perhaps you should try the CLI (Command Line Interface) version of the latest iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak exploit. Here's a tutorial on How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered on iPhone, iPod & iPad Using Cinject Rocky Racoon.
- iPad 3 (New iPad)
- iPad 2
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPad 1
- Apple TV 2G
Steps on How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered on iPhone, iPod & iPad Using Cinject Rocky Racoon:
- First you will need to download cinject 0.5.4, check this post for the download link.
- For Windows, extract the downloaded file to your desktop. As for Mac users, extract the file and place the folder into the Applications directory.
- For Windows, with the file sitting on your desktop, you will need to launch the command prompt. Hold the Windows Key on your keyboard and press "R". On the run Window, type "cmd" without the quotes and press Enter.
For Mac, simply launch Terminal which is located in the Utilities folder and click on the Terminal short cut.
- For Windows: At this point make sure that your device is plugged in and with the command prompt running, type this: cd Desktop/cinject-0.5.4. This should take you to the directory of cinject. To activate cinject, type the following into the command prompt: cinject -Y payloads_rocky
For Mac: plug your device into the computer and with the Terminal running, type the following: /Applications/cinject-0.5.4/cinject -Y /Applications/cinject-0.5.4/payloads_rocky
- This should commence the jailbreak process and you will see the progress on the terminal, so be sure that you DO NOT touch or disconnect your device while the process is going on.
Your device should then reboot and you should see Cydia from the Springboard. Congratulations, your device should now be jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1 and this concludes the tutorial on How to Use Cinject Rocky Racoon to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback