Sn0wbreeze by hacker iH8sn0w is one of the most popular jailbreak tools around which is known for its pretty user interface and the ability to hacktivate an iPhone. If you are an avid user of Sn0wbreeze, one of the most common errors that you could run into is the dreaded "Invalid IPSW" error. Sn0wbreeze jailbreaks your device by using a custom IPSW made by the program. If the IPSW file is invalid, Sn0wbreeze will throw the aforementioned error. Here are some steps that you can take in order to fix the Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 Invalid IPSW Error.
How to Fix Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 Invalid IPSW Error While Jailbreaking iOS 5.1.1?
- First step is to ensure that your device is supported by Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 or 2.9.4. All devices below A5 that are capable of running iOS 5.1.1 are supported. A5(X) powered devices are NOT supported which means that if you have iPad 3, iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and Apple TV 3 (not jailbreakable with any tool), you can't use Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5.
- If your device is supported by Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 but still you experience the "Invalid IPSW" error, there is a good chance that you are providing the wrong iOS 5.1.1 IPSW. These are the list of supported devices and the filenames of their IPSW:
- iPhone 4 GSM (iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B208_Restore.ipsw)
- iPhone 4 CDMA (iPhone3,3_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw)
- iPhone 3GS (iPhone2,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw)
- iPad 1 (iPad1,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw)
- iPod touch 3G (iPod3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw)
- iPod touch 4G (iPod4,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw)
Let us know if you are still experiencing any Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 Invalid IPSW Error or if you have any other fix for this error.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback