When it comes to smartphone outside of the iPhone line, one can say that Samsung's Galaxy S II is one of the most successful ones. So it is only natural that the Samsung Galaxy S III is listed as one of the most highly anticipated smartphones for the year. And now, the long wait is over because Samsung just pulled the curtains on the newest member of its Galaxy line of smartphones, the Galaxy S III. More details after the jump.
Samsung has made the announcement for its new flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S III at the Mobile Unpacked event in London. Prior to the announcement, the Galaxy S III has received its fair share of hype as numerous rumors, fakes and leaks have been reported for several months now.
Samsung Galaxy S III Specifications:
- Weight: 133g (4.7 ounces)
- Exact Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm
- Rounded-edge design
- 4.8-inch PenTile Super AMOLED display at 720p resolution
- 1.4GHz Exynos 4 Quad processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 8-megapixel primary and 1.9-megapixel secondary cameras with 990ms start-up time, 3.3fps burst mode, and best-shot selection
- 16 or 32GB of storage with microSD expansion
- Bluetooth 4.0 support
- NFC Support
- GPS with GLONASS reception
- 40MHz 802.11n Wi-Fi
- 2,100mAh battery
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Samsung Galaxy S III Features
- A new features called ‘Smart Stay’ has been introduced which enables the phone to detect your voice and motion. In addition to that, the phone can also recognize the way you use your phone. Like for example if you are reading an e-book or surfing the web, the phone actually stays on so you do not have to constantly wake the screen up.
- ‘Direct Call’ is a feature that will instantly call the person you are texting once you lift your phone to your ear.
- A new feature called ‘S Voice’ is aiming to provide a Siri-like experience as it enables the phone to listen and respond to voice commands. You can use this for functions like controlling your alarm clock, control the music player, send SMS and emails, organize schedules and so on.
- Buddy Photo Share is a feature that will recognize a friend's face in a photo and once it does, it will offer to send him or her the photo automatically.
- Samsung unveiled a new ‘S Beam’ which expands on the Android Beam, enabling you to transfer files from Galaxy S III to another in a lightning fast manner.
Samsung Galaxy S III Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S III is going to be launched in Europe first by the end of May. It will then eventually roll out to global markets this coming summer. It has been confirmed that the device will be available in 145 countries and under 296 mobile carriers worldwide. First batch of the device will be available in 16GB and 32GB variants, although there are plans for a 64GB model soon.
So what do you think? Does this announcement of Samsung Galaxy S III excites you?Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback