By now, there is a good chance that the greater part of the jailbreak community has been enjoying the latest iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak. But in case you are someone who relies on iH8sn0w's Sn0wbreeze for your jailbreak needs, then you are in luck because Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 is now available for Windows. And as per usual, we will provide the much needed tutorial on How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5.
Before You Proceed:
- In case you don't know, Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 is only usable in Windows.
- Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 doesn't support A5 (X) devices. It is recommended that you use Absinthe instead.
- Back-up all of your necessary files in iTunes or iCloud.
Steps on How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5:
- First you will need to download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 for Windows.
- Launch Sn0wbreeze and on the main screen, click on the blue arrow.
- On the IPSW Selection screen, select Browse for an IPSW.
- Select the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW. Direct links are found here.
- Your device IPSW will then be verified by Sn0wbreeze. Click on the arrow to continue.
- On the next screen, you will a couple of mode options, at this time select Expert Mode.
- On the next screen, select General and click on the blue arrow. Make sure that the options Activate the iPhone and Install SSH are checked. Click on the blue arrow again.
- You will be back at the previous page, this time select Build IPSW and click on the blue arrow.
- Sn0wbreeze will now create your IPSW, you can wait for the process to finish or you can choose to play Pac-Man. :P
- Once the IPSW creation process is done, click OK.
- Now we will need to place your device into Pwned DFU mode in preparation for the restore process. Connect your device and from the top left of the menu, click iREB and Run iREB.
- Click Start and follow the onscreen instructions on how to place your device into Pwned DFU.
- Once the process is successful, you will see the dialog below. Click OK.
- Launch iTunes, select your device from the left-panel. Be sure that when restoring, you hold down the SHIFT button and click on Restore. Select the custom IPSW that was made by Sn0wbreeze earlier.
- iTunes will now begin the restore process. Be sure that you don't touch or disconnect your device during this process. Once the process is done, you should see the message below.
That's it! Your should now have successfully performed the jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 using sn0wbreeze process.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback